Residents are accepted into the veterinary public health and preventive medicine (VPHPM) residency program in a cohort each mid-June. A posting is made available in this website and on the University of Minnesota Human Resources site each fall.
To stay informed about the application process and receive updates, kindly provide your information through this Residency Form.
How to apply
We are currently accepting applications at this time.
Applications will be accepted until January 12th, 2024.
Interviews are scheduled to take place between January 15th, 2024 - February 2nd, 2024.
Communication from the Selection Committee is anticipated by February 16th, 2024.
Positions are set to start on June 17th, 2024.
To apply for the position please follow the link to the Univerisity of Minnesota Human Resources site: Careers UMN.
- A DVM/VMD or an equivalent foreign degree
- At least one year work experience in a private practice, corporate setting, or government
- Applicants who do not possess an MPH, MS, or PhD must apply for the Executive Masters of Public Health (MPH) through the School of Public Health. These applicants must meet the admission requirements of the School of Public Health.
- MPH degree completed prior to hire
- Two or more years work experience in a private practice, corporate setting, or government
- Excellent oral/written communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams
- Strong time management skills
- High level of experience with a variety of computer software programs
Applications must include:
- Current CV
- Letter of application
- Three letters of recommendation from professional references