Residents are accepted into the veterinary public health and preventive medicine (VPHPM) residency program in a cohort each July. A job posting is made available on the University of Minnesota Human Resources site each spring.
How to apply
We are no longer accepting applications for 2021. Please check back early 2022.
- A DVM/VMD or an equivalent foreign degree
- At least one year work experience in a private practice, corporate setting, or government
- Applicants who do not possess an MPH, MS, or PhD must apply for the Executive Masters of Public Health (MPH) through the School of Public Health. These applicants must meet the admission requirements of the School of Public Health.
- MPH degree completed prior to hire
- Two or more years work experience in a private practice, corporate setting, or government
- Excellent oral/written communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams
- Strong time management skills
- High level of experience with a variety of computer software programs
Applications must include:
- Current CV
- Letter of application
- Three letters of recommendation from professional references